Jiu Jitsu, MMA and Wrestling Instructor
Alex Prates is one of Australia’s most experienced high performance Jiu Jitsu & MMA coaches with an unmatched long list of achievements and accolades. The world class and recognised experience that Alex delivers comes from a lineage of internationally acclaimed professionals. He was coached by Four Times IFBBJ, two times ADCC Champion and Pride veteran, Gracie Jiu Jitsu legend Royler Gracie, legendary Pride Fighting Championship, IFBJJ Open weight and Abu Dhabi open weight champion Mario Sperry, plus 5th degree Gracie Jiu Jitsu Black Belt & Australian Gracie Association Head Coach Bruno Panno. Some of the many current & previous credentials & achievements that defines the level of experience Alex delivers is listed below :
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4th degree Black Belt
- Current Head coach of the first AUS/NZ UFC Champion Robert Whittaker.
- Current Head Coach of UFC Middleweights Jacob Malkoun & Isi Fitikefu.
- Current 2021 Penrith Panthers premiership winner wrestling Coach.
- Former South Sydney 2014 NRL premiership winner wrestling coach
- Former Director of NSWBJJ Federation
- Former Oceania Abu Dhabi World Professional Championship Trial director/organiser.